Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Wall, or Why Does Running Hurt So Much Lately?

Got out for a run again last night-- it was great. Was going to go with Nicole, but had some stuff to take care of first, so she went ahead without me. It was great to get out and go my own pace, but man, was I sucking wind!

Obviously, I haven't been running hard enough lately. Sorry, hon, but I think I'm going to have to limit myself to one run per week, and do at least two other runs solo per week.

If there's any part of the Chaparral race that I was disappointed with, it was the run. Plus, my next race is going to be a 10k, and I want to be faster than last time. So, no more swimming until after thanksgiving-- from now until then, the focus is on the run, with cycling and strength training mixed in for variety.

Well, I guess I actually did pretty well last night, after the first 20 minutes or so. Did the Fish Creek Loop in reverse, and ran the hill twice-- I think that sort of flushed things out of my muscles and lungs.

8.2 km, 47 minutes