Friday, August 8, 2008

Sikome "Double Brick"

Bike-Run-Bike. N calls that the "double brick".

We rode to Sikome lake, hauling the bike lock, and my running shoes. For lack of a better means of carrying the running shoes, I had to bring my big backpack... I can't seem to find my old small one since we moved. I must have chucked it-- "That's the dumbest thing you've ever done!" I don't know, honey, I've done some pretty stupid things in my day...

The ride to Sikome through the ever-gorgeous Fish Creek park was perfect. We had a nice breeze that alternated between nice and warm, and cool and refreshing. It was almost like going from hot tub to river and back again.

We locked up the bikes at Sikome, I changed into my runners while N went running ahead, giving me the chance to let loose a little to catch her. I do need to do more training at my own pace, it's just great to do these things with her.

The way back home was very nice, the sun turning orange and red as it set, but it can only be described with one word: buggy. I couldn't believe how many bugs there were! I'd taken off my sunglasses because it was getting dark but had to put them back on, because I could see even less due to my squinting and bugs in my eyes. Seriously, it felt like riding through a small hailstorm.

... and we went swimming on Wednesday night, but nothing much to write about.

Looking forward to N's race on Sunday!