Friday, January 15, 2010

Remembering What to Pack

Well, we made it through week 1 of UCTC 2010. Don't tell coach, but it was easier than I expected. Don't get me wrong-- I'm very sore today (Thursdays are a bike/swim brick, 2 hours of training), but the toughest part of the week was remembering what I need in my Tri bag.

Tuesday, I forgot to bring a towel and shampoo-- as I grabbed my fins and paddles, I had a nagging suspicion that I was forgetting something, but I was imagining myself in the pool: goggles, cap, trunks, fins and paddles... okay, I'm good. Well, my gear closet is now stocked with a few towels, and my travel kit stashed in my bag.

Had to skip Wednesday's workout because Mom and Dad needed some help with their rental property-- they're cleaning it up, doing a few minor touchups, and we had a little reunion with a friend we haven't seen in about three years. Had to meet her Aussie fiance (great guy), and they asked me to be an usher at their wedding this summer!

It's been massively busy at work this week, but at least I'm in Calgary, and I have so much more energy. Next week I'm off to Medicine Hat and Lethbridge to visit clients, but probably just for Monday and Tuesday night. I'll just have to run on my own, I guess! No more trips to the US this year, hopefully.

Today's an off day, but the plan for the weekend is to go for a longish run tomorrow, then do a bike/run brick on Sunday. I was all ready to do Super Sunday with UCTC, but it was canceled this week due to a swim meet -- and there's something going on at the track, too.

Tuesday: 2100 m
Thursday: 2500m, got some great tips from Coach Tony (better roll without crossing over, more streamlined legs!)

... And I'm sure you've seen this, but I love this list of reasons to do Ironman!