Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Short update...

Despite my lack of posts, it's been a good summer. The Calgary 70.3 was a bit of a wake up call-- wasn't quite ready for it, especially the bike... well, and the run, too. Since then, I got a new job, and started training with the Running Room in Country Hills. Thanks to Penny and the Pacemakers Half-Marathon clinic, posted a great time at the Canmore Rocky Mountain Half-Marathon. 1:53 was 7 minutes faster than my goal, and I feel like I could maybe go faster than that even.

The last clinic ended a few weeks ago, and between turkey (cooking and eating), and work, I've missed a few workouts.

Fortunately, the new half-marathon clinic started this week, so I'm getting back into it now. Missed the clinic run last night, so made up for it this morning, then ran with the group tonight.