Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swim...ish

I don't really care for swimming without a coach, or a set workout. I love swimming, but not enough to just swim laps. I want to feel like I'm accomplishing something, like I'm getting faster. Maybe I just need to find a rhythm, like running.

But it's probably easier to just look up some workouts online, or get a coach. This fall, that's what I'm going to do--find a coach. N thinks it's a good idea; we discussed it while sitting in the hot tub after a strenuous-ish 30 minute swim.

I like the hot tub.
--
On Saturday before the race, we were standing around talking to some people from N's running clinic (Learn to Run at the Running Room), and were talking about how inaccurate the Nike+iPod is. "Well, at least it gives you an ish."

As in, "I ran 5-ish km" or "I ran for 30-ish minutes" or "last night I swam for 30-ish minutes, at a medium-ish pace. ish."