Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Techno Spin and New Treadmill

When I spin at home, I haven't really been following a specific program, other than "ride for 30 minutes" (which, I know, isn't long enough). So usually what I do is put the iPod on shuffle, and go with what the music tells me.

I have a wide variety of music on that thing, but for some reason today's main feature was techno/ electronica. I usually skip the stuff (which is allowed), but today it just worked-- got me in a rhythm at about 80-85 rpm. I even shifted down a little for more resistance.

As great as the steady bass is for cadence/tempo, gotta have some rock to really grind and push. "Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins came on, and I really started to crank! It came on at the perfect time, around 25 minutes in for a strong finish.

Cooldown was a 5 minute slow spin, then 5 minutes on Nicole's new treadmill! (Plus about 7 mins ab work, 10 mins stretch)

Yep, Santa came yesterday. Thankfully, I was able to get some help getting it downstairs before she got home from work. I was even able to put it together, and make up an excuse to bring her downstairs.

Santa wants us both to get moving, apparently.

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Techno Spin

7