Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Hiatus is Officially Over

It pretty much ended almost two weeks ago at the first ball-hockey game. Yes, that's right, the guy who has never played organized hockey is on a ball hockey team. (And as of this post, we're 2-0!) More on that in another post.

After being out of work for the entire fall, my program and routine fell to pieces. So did Nicole's. So we decided we needed some structure, and that UCTC would be the best way to get it with our budget. It's a bit of a commute in the evenings, but it's what fit both our schedules. (I could have done the Shawnessy Y program again, but it didn't fit Nicole's schedule, and we would have never seen each other.)

Last night was the first training session with the Tri Club, and it felt great (1 hour spin, 30 minutes running) but it was tough.

Last week when I was out of town for work, I brought my running shoes (and all the cold-weather running gear I could find, including my new Adidas tights). I ran in the freezing rain for 20 minutes one day, and in a bitterly cold wind for 30 minutes another. Not bad, and probably the only reason I didn't die during ball hockey monday or training last night.

Definitely feeling much better-- partly because the new job is starting to make sense, but mostly because I'm finally back into a routine of excersize!