Thursday, May 6, 2010

Running with Giants

The redwood trees in Stanley Park are pretty amazing - almost makes me wish I lived in Vancouver! Nothing gets me through a day of meetings like a good early morning run.

Was in Vancouver for work-- but since I don't write about work here (there are sooo many examples of reasons not to blog about work, and so few examples of that going well), all I'll say is that I ran hard the first morning, and did a shorter tempo run the second day. Going from Calgary to Vancouver in the spring is so invigorating-- everything here's still pretty brown, but Vancouver is so lush and green, and the seawall is just such a great place to run.

Back in Calgary now, and hoping to get some work done in the yard this weekend, although I doubt it will be significant. I think the deck will have to wait until we get back from out trip (we leave one week from tonight!) It's not really sinking in that we're actually going, after being so excited only to have to rebook, it just doesn't seem real yet. I'm sure by the time we get to the airport, I'll be too excited to sleep on the overnight flight.